Friday, October 18, 2013

My Son

I don't have a child yet.  I reckon, I won't be having children until I find the right man for me.  But, if I had a son, I would tell him to live life to the fullest, be free, and be open to your dreams.  So, here's a story that I dedicate to my son, as well as my daughter and husband in the future.

One day was a beginning for me.  I get up in the morning but I don't feel like getting up.  I feel tired, with heavy, droopy eyes and heavy feet and limbs.  But, I have to get up because I have to go to work.  It was an average day as usual.  As I go to work, I hear the wind breezing through my face.  It was winter and it was cold.  I hurry up to my car to drive to work.  A 2013 Jaguar XF, midnight blue.  You see, I'm an Architect at Loremar & Associates, LLC.  No.  It's not a Law firm.  It's an Architectural firm.  I just started working there last year, in 2012, trying to follow from the footsteps of my mother, an Architect at Sera, Inc..

This has been my dream.  To be an Architect.  I'm good at drawing and I have great communication skills.  I'm also creative.  My mind takes me to places I've never been, incorporating ideas into new ones but still rely on the basics or foundations of Architecture.  I feel like I'm Imhotep, the great ancient Egyptian Architect that built the first pyramid in ancient Egypt.

Over the years, I keep telling myself that I can achieve the dreams of Architectural immortality if I put all of my efforts into it.  I've got to come up with new designs of houses, buildings, and other structures.  I did a core thesis for my Bachelors of Arts in Architecture.  I designed a new, modern town, filled with houses, streets, road signs, trees, bridges, and numerous buildings.  I won an award for the new Best Modernized Town setting during the 21st century.

In Architecture, there are periods of new imagery or Architectural concepts.  It is like a growth of a tree from a seedling.  There are periods of revolution in Architecture as one might say.

Now, I speak for my son who is left to wonder in the desert for 30 days and 30 nights, trying to get back home.  I tell him, "People would always bring you down, but don't let that get to you.  You know you are smart and intelligent, and that's what matters the most.".  People rely heavily on coming up with new ideas for their survival.  I know my son will make it just fine.

As he tries to climb the ladder of success from being a student of Architecture into a full time Professional, I can see other people to be jealous of his success and would try to urge him to move into a different town.  But, no.  This town is his town because this is where he grew up, in Portland.  He'll have to be very careful in dealing with people.  Relationships with people can be harmful, sometimes deadly.  He needs to be resourceful, resilient, and determined to improve his life.

One day, I'll show him this blog and I know it will make him smile.

Here are some architectural designs and wonders of the World:













You may find these pictures on this google image website:  Architectural Designs and Wonders

Credits:  Google images under keyword:  Architectural Buildings






No comments:

Post a Comment